NOTICE OF AVAILABILITY OF A DRAFT ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT FOR THE SAN JOAQUIN RIVER CONSERVANCY RIVER WEST FRESNO, EATON TRAIL EXTENSION PROJECT.
The San Joaquin River Conservancy proposes to extend the existing Lewis S. Eaton Trail by constructing a multipurpose trail extension and recreational amenities. The Eaton Trail would be extended approximately 2.4 miles, from the Perrin Avenue alignment near State Route 41 on the east to Spano Park on the west in Fresno County. The proposed Project would result in one significant unavoidable environmental impact related to Environmental Justice. One alternative to the proposed Project would be partially located on a past landfill.
Beginning February 15 through April 15, 2017, the Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR) is available for public review at the following locations:
- San Joaquin River Conservancy, 5469 E. Olive Avenue, Fresno, CA 93727
- Woodward Park Regional Library, 944 E. Perrin Avenue, Fresno, CA 93720
- Online: http://sjrc.ca.gov/
Please send written comments on the DEIR to Melinda Marks, Executive Officer, San Joaquin River Conservancy, 5469 E. Olive, Fresno CA 93727, or email them to Melinda.Marks@sjrc.ca.gov. Comments must be postmarked or emailed by April 15, 2017.
As part of the public circulation process, the Conservancy Board will hold an informational meeting on March 1 at 10:00 a.m., at 5469 E. Olive, Fresno CA 93727. No action will be taken at the Board meeting.
A second informational meeting will be held March 14, at 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. at the Pinedale Community Center 7170 N. San Pablo Ave., Fresno CA 93650. At 5:15 p.m. the Conservancy will make a brief presentation of the proposed project and DEIR followed by an open-house where Conservancy staff and consultants will be available to answer questions. Interested parties may arrive at any time.
If you have any questions or would like to request a copy of the DEIR, please contact Rebecca Raus, AGPA, at (559) 253-7324 or email Rebecca.Raus@sjrc.ca.gov.
Documents for the Eaton Trail extension EIR are displayed below.
DRAFT ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT FOR PUBLIC REVIEW
- Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 – Executive Summary
- Chapter 2 – Project Description
- Chapter 3 – Affected Environment, Environmental Consequences, and Mitigation Measures
- Chapter 4 – Other CEQA Requirements
- Chapter 5 – Alternatives
- Chapter 6 – References
- Chapter 7 – Preparers
- Appendix A – Notice of Preparation
- Appendix B – San Joaquin River Parkway Master Plan
- Appendix C – Emissions Modeling
- Appendix D – Update Technical Reports
- Appendix E – Phase I Archaeological Survey Report & Phase II Archaeological Survey Report
- Appendix F – Phase I Hazardous Materials and Wastes
- Appendix G – Water Quality Technical Report
- Appendix H – Traffic Report
- Appendix I – Road Feasibility Report
Open House Public Meeting – June 17, 2014